Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ginger+honey marinated tofu with capsicum, asparagus and pomegranate served with Quinoa.

I was bored so i made this dish for lunch. I've been trying to eat what's in season lately so I've put the pomegranate to good use in this quick lunch/dinner. I made this all up in my head and i enjoyed it. Feel free to tweak to your desires/seasonal produce. Hope you enjoy.

1. Brown onion.

2. At the same time boil the Quinoa. This is a grain which tastes like a cross of brown rice and cous cous. Bring the Quinoa to the boil and let simmer for 15 mins.

3. Cook the asparagus but make sure they still have a bit of bite to them

4. Cut the Pomegranate.

5. De-seed the pomegranate. Be careful, it stains.

6. Add chopped capsicum.

7. Add tofu. You could use any type of tofu but this stuff is amazing and has such intense flavours. You could also substitute the tofu for chicken or beef if you desire.


9. Add the pomegranate seeds.

10. Serve on top of the Quinoa with fresh lime and coriander/parsley/thai basil.

1 comment:

zazazu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.