I went to a art opening last night and had a great time. Then this morning, before uni I (stupidly) went for a stroll through the QVB. Let me just say that even though I had NO intention of buying ANYTHING i still managed to walk out with 4 shirts and 2 DVDs and no money left. It's a good thing that I don't have uni next week, because I couldn't even afford the train trip there! But I stand by my love of beautiful things and argue that I NEEDED two of Kevin McCloud's architecture DVDs

and I also NEEDED this shirt, which I changed into straight away.

But aside from wearing the nice clothes and knowing that I'll have something nice to come home to watch, I also had a very 'nice' vibe about the day. It was a beautiful autumn day and I had an enjoyable art theory class and had a very nice train trip home reading a biography about John Muir. He was a 18th century naturalist/conservationist who was a major part in initiating massive conservation for America's wilderness. The biography is mainly extracts from his journals and public writings, and the way that he writes is so beautiful and heartfelt that it just sings untainted natural happiness.

And just to make the day so very very 'nice' when i wasn't reading on the train, I was staring at the clouds listening to this beautiful piece of music from an incredibly beautiful film - A Single Man.
No comments:
Post a Comment