words + pictures of all things good, funny, amazing, inspirational and funky.
Monday, April 4, 2011
a cacophony of [insert noun/verb]
I think I need to shake things up. I'm feeling stale and like I'm stuck in a rut. I think, after I finish uni this year, I'm going to really step outside my comfort zone. Today, however, I realised how unbelievably crucial music is to my life. I woke up today way too early to say good-bye to my brother who's going to Canada for 6 weeks. I then tossed and turned in bed till i finally fell back asleep. This was the beginning of my super-annoying-feeling-in-stomach day. I tried to find something to listen to on the way to uni but couldn't find ANYTHING! I have 9302 songs on my ipod which is 1217 albums and 1016 artists. Of all of that music, there was nothing to match my mood. Anyway, you probably don't care about this but I feel it helpful to myself to rant.
I haven't really been on the net much lately so I'm a bit out of touch with inspirations and such. But here's some art, and music I've been surrounding myself with in attempt to lighten, and figure out, my mood.
Janet Laurence is an artist I'm falling in love with. Here's some of my favorites of hers.
Of all of my music the one genre i found comfort in today was African blues and roots. In particular this one song always makes me calm and happy.
I'm also finding some calmness in Trentemoller. I saw them/him live at Peat's Ridge festival over New Years and bought the Cd's as soon as i got back. Here's one of my favorites to chill out to.
I've also re-fallen back in love with Hubble's space photographs.
No comments:
Post a Comment