Friday, April 22, 2011

chilledroasted

It's been so beautiful lately. I love this time of the year. Every one's happy because of the Easter holidays, there are the bright blue big open skies of late april and the continual smell of roasted vegetables in the evening. There is a subtle nip of winter during the day and I've had to grab the extra blanket to sleep with at night. We've even had the fire crackling a couple of nights which is always a sign that happy nights by the fire are fast approaching.

I've spent the last couple of days in the city and I've been really loving it. Sydney has such a vibrant and happy feel sometimes. I still love coming home to the mountains and sitting outside looking at the bush sway while i have my breakfast, but I've really loved wandering around the city, just browsing through shops, having good food and being around nice people.

I had a conversation with my teacher at uni who has really helped push my work to the next level. She said that she thinks i should do honours and that I'd do well at it. Which was a really big confidence boost. Just ANOTHER choice for me to pick from as i near the end of my degree.

I went on a spending splurge yesterday and got some new jeans, they are so pretty and make me happy. I also got some magazines and one of my new favorite Cd's, The Middle East's 'I Want That You Are Always Happy'. This song in particular is so damn chilled. Brings everything down to earth and settles all worries. I went for a walk this morning and one of the houses down the road has some horses and i was listening to this and went up and patted and talked with them. If horses liked music, they'd like this song.
Hope you enjoy.




(oh yeah, i also am seriously in love with the artist Tomas Saraceno)

No comments: